In this unit is important to work and learn:
- Vocabulary worked in class: quizlet, book and worksheets.
- Simple present: when we use this tense and how it works in affirmative,, negative and interrogative.
- Verbs of preference (like, love and hate) in simple present and with other verbs.
- Adverbs of frequency: always, normally, often, sometimes and never.
- Question words.
- Personal questions.
- How to write the date in English.
Who is Kieron Williamson? (Class Book page 6)
(Para activar subtítulos… clickar el botón rectangular de la derecha y decir “sí”)
To know more about him and look at his pictures….
Spelling rules for gerunds:
There are a few spelling rules that you need to know in order to form gerunds correctly. The spelling of a gerund depends on the vowels (a, e, i, o, u) and consonants (b, c, d, f, etc.) at the end of the verb.
- If there is more than one consonant, just add ING
think + ing = thinking
- If there is more than one vowel, just add ING
beat + ing = beating
- If there is one vowel and one consonant, and the syllable is stressed, double the consonant and add ING
hit + t + ing = hitting
- If there are one or more consonants and E, remove the E and add ING
take + ing = taking
- In most other cases, just add ING
study + ing = studying
see + ing = seeing
Material to work and study…. Body and descriptions, click on the picture and discover different web pages to listen, read and write the parts of the body with games:
- Physical descriptions, 2 and 3 (The second and third link are very useful!!! click on the numbers)
- Webs to practise your knowledge:
Andy Warhol. 1928 – 1987
To discover more about this artist: Here
To discover more of his work: Here