1. Can: se utiliza para expresar la capacidad o habilidad de hacer una acción.
2. CAN is invariable. Tan sólo hay una única forma para todas las personas.
3. Structure of the sentence: subject + can + main verbExamples:
- I can play football.
- You can speak German.
- He can read a book alone.
- She can dance ballet very well.
- We can play the piano.
- You can learn a lot of English.
- They can go to the zoo every week.
4. The main verb is always the bare infinitive (infinitive without “to”). We cannot say:
I can to speak English.
5. In negative sentences: The contraction of CAN NOT is CAN’T.
6. The equivalent for CAN is TO BE ABLE TO.
- Can – affirmative sentences
- Can – negative sentences
- Can – interrogative sentences
- Can – short answers